Wednesday 17 January 2018

New Year - New Challenges

I've not blogged for a while now as I started the blog originally in order to enter some on-line Claritystamp challenges, which then moved to a Facebook format. However I have still been crafting away, so here are a few of the entries that I posted onto Facebook last year!











For ages I've been stockpiling stencils and paints and texture paste and canvasses, and most of them are still sitting in their packaging (hangs head in shame), so this year I'm determined to get out of my comfort zone and to try some mixed media pieces, and join in some challenges that really test my skills (and my bravery) !

The first piece of mixed media I've attempted was to use a little canvas that I started on a Claritystamp retreat last summer. All the bits and pieces that I added were found in my craft room, so I like to think it was part of my de-cluttering process too. Here are a couple of photos that show where I started, and where I finished up and I did share the finished artwork on Facebook and got some great feedback. I did ask for constructive criticism, but I think most crafters are just too nice to give you pointers as to where you might improve! Maybe someone visiting my blog will be a bit more honest, as I'm sure my first attempt can't be perfect.





Later in the week I'll share with you a tag that I created for another Facebook challenge group which really challenged my skills! 

Thanks for visiting and please leave me a comment and give me some pointers on how I could improve - I'm always open to learning or trying something new.

Happy New Year, Susan x

2 comments:

  1. They are all gorgeous ! I think the canvas looks brilliant as it is Susan, I love the background! I had only just discovered that the Clarity Challenges had move to Facebook and now they have closed. It is a shame so many challenges seem to be closing down. Enjoy playing with your finds mixed media is fun x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jannet. I agree, it is such a shame about the challenges closing down. There were a lot of people complaining and moaning about the changes though so I suspect they just got fed up with all the negativity! I'm really enjoying the mixed media so far though, so, as they say, a change is as good as a rest. x

      Delete