Wednesday 1 June 2016

Masculine - Clarity Challenge June 2015

This month's Clarity Challenge entry is Masculine and I am making an early entry as I've had several family visitors last month, and the B&B is currently full of guests enjoying the Inverness sunshine so I'm a bit behind with my card making for all my June birthdays and occasions and I just missed the deadline yesterday to enter last month's challenge!





I've made this card for my dad who was in the Navy for his national service, and loves to be reminded of his youth, especially now that he is approaching his 86th birthday! I have used the following Clarity stamps and stencils to make this card:
Sunshine and Trellis (basic backgrounds) Stencils
Gallion Stamp
Mermaid Stamp
Life is Never Long Enough Stamp from New Designs Stamp Club
Swallow stamp from Journalling set

I started by using the Clarity Stencil brushes through the stencils to create an airbrushed background in two shades of blue Distress Inks. Then I stamped the verse and anchor using Black Adirondack Ink, and drew a chain to link the words and image using a black fine line pen. I then stamped the Gallion 3 times, once in Black Adirondack, then in first and second generation Distress Ink . Finally I stamped the two swallows in Black Adirondack in the top left hand corner, and the tail of the mermaid in the bottom right hand corner in the same blue Distress Ink. I framed the piece using a ruler and Black Sharpie pen.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and I'd love to read any comments that you have about my card, Susan x

27 comments:

  1. Lovely piece of artwork Susan , really like the colour scheme,havn't seen these stamps ..good luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - I've had most of the stamps for years, but I do love that the Clarity designs don't really go out of fashion! Susan x

      Delete
  2. A lovely card and so appropriate for your father, Susan. I'm so sorry you missed missed last month's challenge but what a stunner you've produced for June. Best wishes in the challenge and thanks ever so much for joining in. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sheila - this would have been my entry for last month so I was just lucky that it also fitted the brief for this month! Susan x

      Delete
  3. Wow quick on the uptake Susan. I love your card, a wonderful masculine design and I bet your dad loves it. Good Luck in the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. A lovely card and wonderful design. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love how you have done your ghost ship such nice card good use of stamps and stencils good luck in the clarity challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crafty, I really enjoyed doing this one! Susan x

      Delete
  6. Fantastic entry Susan - I love the mermaid's tail disappearing in the bottom corner, it adds a bit of mystery too. I wonder if your Dad ever encountered one?
    Thanks for joining in this month and good luck in the Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole. I'm sure we wouldn't have heard the end of it if he had seen a mermaid, but we always hear about him having to shout "Surprise" when he entered port as he was on the HMS Surprise!! Susan x

      Delete
    2. Bless him - that's funny. I can just imagine it :-)
      Have a great day Susan x

      Delete
  7. Fabulous! Love the colours and the layering. Alex x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for visiting and commenting Alex - really appreciate the feedback, Susan x

      Delete
  8. oh my I love this its just fab . Good luck in the Claritystamp challenge and thanks for entering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Linda - hope dad likes it too! Susan x

      Delete
  9. Susan, this is a lovely card for your Dad. The two background stencils work really well together and I too love the Mermaid swimming off the corner. Good luck in the Claritystamp challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley - really appreciate your comments, Susan x

      Delete
  10. Love it Susan how clever is that your Dad will love it best of luck ..hugs ..Dot..xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Dot - he's very arty, so I'm sure he'll appreciate the effort! Hugs, Susan x

      Delete
  11. Lovely card Susan with great attention to detail. Thanks for entering the Clarity challenge, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Barbara. I love those stencil brushes as they make your work look so professional! Susan x

      Delete
  12. A well thought out card Susan using a great mix of stamps. I'm sure your Dad will love it. Thanks for joining the Clarity Challenge this month. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela - I so appreciate your lovely comments, Susan x

      Delete
  13. Love It, Love It!! My favourite colour and I just love the sea, used to spend a lot of time along the river forth in my youth. An excellent card and an excellent blog too. Wishing you all the best in the Challenge Susan. Big Hugs and hope to see you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Emma - I love blue too! I've already said to John that my next house will be by the sea, as it's so soothing listening to the waves. Finally got my blinkies working on the blog too - don't know what I did differently, but there you are! Hugs, Susan x

      Delete