Thursday 24 March 2016

All about the girls

Hello Again

This is just a quick post today, as I'm still recovering from the flu that laid me low at the beginning of the month when we were on holiday in Rome. I had great ideas of trying my first canvas for this challenge, but alas, just haven't got the energy levels back yet to have a go ... but watch this space!

Today's offering is a simple black and white card, using the Clarity Corset and Corset montage stamps (which are 2 of my favourites), a swirly die cut and punched butterflies. I stamped the corset montage onto glitter card with a permanent black ink pad, then matted with black card. Then I stamped the corset onto black card with versamark ink, embossed with white powder, and cut out the image and layered it onto the montage stamp.  Finally I finished the piece with the swirls and punched butterflies, adding some small black gems to their bodies for a finishing touch. The Clarity "with Love" sentiment was added to the bottom of the card for balance.



Hope you like my little card - it's quite simple, but I was really pleased with the finished result.

Thanks for visiting, and I'd love you to leave a comment, Susan x

16 comments:

  1. Ah! Monochrome - my favourite! It may be simple but it is oh so effective! Best wishes in the Clarity Challenge. ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelagh - I do try to be a bit more grungy and arty sometimes, but I think clean and simple is still my favourite style! Susan x

      Delete
  2. A really effective card Susan in monochrome. Thanks for joining the Clarity Challenge this month. Good luck! x Hope you feel better soon.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Angela - I'm getting there, but it's been over 3 and half weeks, so it's very frustrating not to be well yet! Susan x

      Delete
  3. Lovely card I do like the elegance of monochrome .well done good luck with the challenge

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - really appreciate your feedback! Susan x

      Delete
  4. Like this done in monochrome it's effective good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crafty - lovely to have your comments, Susan x

      Delete
  5. So very elegant Susan, hope you back to yourself soon. Good luck in the Clarity Blog Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your clean and simple design, so elegant in monochrome. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for visiting Lesley, and thank you so much for your kind comments. Susan x

      Delete
  7. A lovely monochrome design Susan. This corset has made an appearance on many occasions when I've made cards for friends & family - a favourite of mine too.
    Hope you make a full recovery soon and I look forward to seeing a canvas from you over the coming months :-)
    Wishing you luck in this month's Challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carole - I'm getting better slowly, but the GP said it can take up to 8 weeks to fully recover from this flu bug, so I might only be half way there! Susan x

      Delete
  8. A fabulous card Susan. A great stamp to use for the Girls challenge. I love the clean lines of this piece. Best of luck and I do hope you feel better soon my dear. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much for your lovely comments Emma - I'm feeling better, but not 100% yet - so frustrating! Susan x

      Delete