Monday 22 February 2016

February Clarity Calendar Challenge


The aim of this challenge is to follow the steps given on Barbara's 2016 Clarity Calendar, using a number of different background techniques, and a variety of Clarity Stamps.

This image is created using a number of Ranger Distress re-inkers (Faded Jeans, Iced Spruce and Evergreen Bough), the shaving foam technique, colouring pencils (Spectrum Noir Essentials set) and Distress Ink (Wild Honey) to enhance the background.  I stamped the Boy with the Birds image using Archival Blank Ink, and added some detail to the hills and valleys that I could see in the shaving foam background with a black fine liner pen and the colouring pencils, then added a thin black border around the edge with a Sharpie pen and ruler.

A few tips - wear an apron and disposable gloves and have lots of kitchen towel to hand when you do the shaving foam technique, as it can be a bit mucky, and be prepared to do a number of backgrounds during the session otherwise you will waste quite a lot of ink - I think I got about 4 large backgrounds and 6 small backgrounds from my session, and each and every one was different!

Thanks for visiting, Susan x

4 comments:

  1. Lovely Susan.. you have created a wonderful background. Good Luck in the challenge. xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for your lovely comment Lynne - I do love the results of this technique, but I hate the mess! Susan x

      Delete
  2. Your background is lovely good luck in the clarity calendar challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Crafty, thanks for visiting and leaving me a comment - I made quite a few backgrounds, so it was hard to choose which one to use! Susan x

      Delete