Monday 9 November 2015

Clean and Simple Christmas Card

Hello there - just a quick blog today to showcase my entry for the November Clarity Challenge whose theme is "clean and simple".

I was feeling quite overwhelmed by the number of Christmas cards that I need to make for family and friends when I have a long holiday coming up and so little time to complete them. Then the clean and simple concept came to mind and I remembered the red and white Keep Calm posters, and decided to do a variation on a theme using a Claritystamp Christmas phrase, and one of the Christmas wee folk - the little elf who is definitely my favourite!





I stamped both images onto a four inch square of red card using Versamark, then heat embossed them using opaque white embossing powder. Finally I mounted the red card onto some small white pearlised square cards that had been in my crafting stash for a really long time - liberated at last!

I think I should be able to whip up a whole stack of these little cards quite quickly - have done half a dozen already!

Hope you like it, and thanks for visiting - any comments would be gratefully received, Susan x

20 comments:

  1. Love the look of this card and the colour you have used for the background. Good luck in the challenge and thank you for entering. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carol - had a whole stack of the red card, and I really do like using up some of my stash! Susan x

      Delete
  2. Oh what a great little card great colour and quick to make too - I am like you and feeling a bit overwhelmed by the number of Christmas cards I need to make and still haven't started!!! Good luck and thanks for entering

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Linda - I've just decided in the last few years that there are people who REALLY appreciate a handmade card, and people who will put it in the recycling at the earliest convenience, so I tend to like something quick and simple for the latter!

      Delete
  3. Love what you have done here colours nice very clean and simple but effective good luck in the clarity challenge xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Crafty - I was pleased with how crisp it looked and it took very little time which is great for Christmas cards! Susan x

      Delete
  4. Great idea Susan; proof that sometimes less can be more, and just perfect for this months challenge. Thanks for entering, and good luck. Xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Barbara - I was a bit worried it was a bit too simple, but I really liked the final result! Susan x

      Delete
  5. Great design Susan, simple but so effective. Good luck in the challenge x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lesley - I really appreciate the feedback. I did a couple of different clean and simple designs, but this was my favourite. Susan x

      Delete
  6. As I viewed your card the phrase 'less is more' sprang to mind but I see Barbara has already beaten me to it, LOL! I can just imagine your production line; did similar with my sister's Xmas cards. Many thanks again for your contribution to the Clarity Challenge and best wishes! ;~}

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Shelagh - loved your sample for the DT - I'll have a go at one of those if you don't mind, once my craft room is back in action, and I'm back from my hols! Susan x

      Delete
  7. Susan, so clever and effective. Thanks for entering the Clarity Challenge and good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  8. A great idea Susan, beautifully executed. Perfect for the CAS theme. Thanks for joining the Clarity challenge. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
  9. So simple yet stunning. Love this card. Good luck in the challenge!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Katie - it came out best with the versamark and white powder. Did try with white ink and clear powder, but it wasn't as vibrant. Susan x

      Delete
  10. Very striking Susan. I have only just looked at all the entries and yours really caught my eye. Good Luck xx

    ReplyDelete