Sunday 5 April 2015

My crochet zoo....#edsanimals

Hello again and Happy Easter!

A few weeks ago my sister was visiting with her two boys Gerry and Charlie, and she'd asked me to crochet them some doggy jumpers. Anyway, having made up the patterns I just had to guess at how much yarn they would take, and ended up with LOTS left over...

As we're still in the year of using stuff up, I thought long and hard about what to do with tons of black and white washable yarn - then I remembered the book I had for Christmas, Edward's Menagerie by Kerry Lord. It's a fab book with really simple instructions, and the little animals that are produced are really, really cute and are designed and stuffed so that they can sit up on their own. Although intended for alpaca yarn, I used machine washable DK yarn so they could just be thrown in the washing machine with the rest of the dirty washing!

They might be a little late arriving (the zebra took a bit longer to finish), but I thought these would be a perfect easter gift for my great nieces and nephews rather than yet more chocolate eggs. So let me introduce you to Emma the Bunny, Mac the Monkey (made to the gorilla instructions with an added tail), Fiona the Panda, and Alice the Zebra!

I think this book should be sold with a warning though - they are seriously addictive, and I still have more leftover yarn!!! Watch this space.....

Susan x

4 comments:

  1. Hi Susan. These are gorgeous - I hope they were really appreciated. Congrats on starting up your blog and getting it linked to FB. Hope you have had a lovely Easter and the weather was as good oop north as it was in the west of Scotland. Laurane x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Laurane! We've had gorgeous weather up here, but sadly (or fortunately for the bank account) we've been really busy, so not out and about enjoying it. Hope it lasts... Happy Easter to you too. Susan x

      Delete
  2. Love the animals they are so cute. Hoping to do more crafting once we move,especially on those long Scottish nights. I will look forward to reading your blog for inspiration
    Caroline x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Caroline - we'll have to compare notes, and maybe have our own crafty get togethers! I'm being much more productive now that I have a new LED lamp and varifocal glasses!!! Susan x

      Delete